1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking on additional responsibilities

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Vivg88, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Vivg88

Vivg88 New commenter

I currently line manage one subject and have been asked to line manage another.

I am working at an Academy with a contract that has the old 'red book' terms and conditions.

How do I get an addendum to my contract without inadvertently signing up to newer 'worse' t&A.

Secondly, do I get an extra non contact period?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

If you've been TUPEd across, then a new contract might risk losing that TUPE protection. If they're still sticking to burgundy book at the moment for new contracts, maybe it's not a problem, but I suppose if they try to change contracts in the future, those who were TUPEd may have some protection.
    Your best bet is probably to ask that it is just a variation of your current contract rather than a new one, but they might say they'll only increase your pay if you have a new contract.

Non-contacts are up to individual schools. Ask, make your case for the time. You might also look at what others with similar roles get. If you've been getting one non-contact, but so has the person running a much larger subject, then they might say one will do for both subjects. If they say no, ask about the possibility of getting cover on a more ad hoc basis, perhaps at particular pinch points in the year.