1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking carseats abroad

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by catzroolz, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I'm going on holiday to Portugal with my husband and 2 year old daughter and were hoping to hire a car and see some sights!
    Can anyone tell me their experiences of using carseats, either taking your own on the aeroplane, or hiring one when you get there? I think I would prefer to take my own because I don't know if I'd feel safe using a hired carseat but I was wondering if the airline would charge me to put our carseat in the hold.
    Anyway, thanking you all in advance [​IMG]

2. Hello,
    I'm going on holiday to Portugal with my husband and 2 year old daughter and were hoping to hire a car and see some sights!
    Can anyone tell me their experiences of using carseats, either taking your own on the aeroplane, or hiring one when you get there? I think I would prefer to take my own because I don't know if I'd feel safe using a hired carseat but I was wondering if the airline would charge me to put our carseat in the hold.
    Anyway, thanking you all in advance [​IMG]

3. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Hiya,
    Think it depends on which airline you're travelling with. Maybe post on here which one it is and someone might know specifically.
    Have a lovely holiday x

4. Thanks, my flight is with Jet2. They have quite a large baggage allowance compared to others so I don't know if that will work for or against me! Maybe I should just call Jet2! x

5. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

6. frustum

frustum Star commenter

The other thing to check with your airline is how they transfer the carseat: I have seen some crashing onto the conveyor belt, which can't be good for them.