1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking back control

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivartheboneless, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

2. Timothy_Blue

Timothy_Blue Lead commenter

What is the EU if not comprised of an elite?

3. Timothy_Blue

Timothy_Blue Lead commenter

What is the EU if not comprised of an elite?

4. Weald56

Weald56 Established commenter

The EU is an organisation of states, a club if you like, with an admission procedure and rules all those who join have to follow. Since 1973 we have been a full and equal (some would say with all the opt outs, rebates etc a more than equal) member. So the EU is actually us.

mathsmutt and monicabilongame like this.
  5. Ivartheboneless

Asking twice does not help. The EU does not actually control all these things. The Tories are using the Brexit nonsense to their own advantage, sneaking through legislation (as they have since 2010) that feathers their own nests, and this is what Brexit is about. Its a big con. It has been shown that the likes of Rees Mogg will benefit personally from it. Normal British people will all be worse off. I'm feeling a bit of the Red Observer coming over me now at the injustice of it all. Tell me Blue, how will you personally benefit from Brexit. You, personally, what will be better for you? Cheaper food? No. Cheaper fuel? No. Reduced VaT? I think not. Lower inflation? No chance. Cheaper cars, all built in Euurope? Didn't think so! Yummy chlorinated tasteless chicken from the USA, yeah, Donald Burgers!

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

No it hasn't. Like any shareholder, Rees-Mogg will only benefit if the investment managers of his company make wise decisions about investment. That is the same for any shareholder of an investment company. His company actually warned clients last year that a hard Brexit may adversely affect profits, not bolster them. Something that was much to the embarrassment of the Rees-Mogg, as commentators observed:
    Brexit warning from investment firm co-founded by Rees-Mogg

7. Ivartheboneless

Typical of you to pick on one aspect. So you don't deny that Tories are doing it just to feather their own nests at the detriment of everybody else then.

8. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Yes, I spend most of my time here correcting false or unsupported claims by others.

Doing what? I can neither support nor deny anything so vague.

LondonCanary likes this.
  9. Ivartheboneless

And there was me thinking you were the font of all wisdom!