1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Take That - Progress Tour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JRTowner, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I just had to post about this one: went to see the boys last night and the concert was BRILLIANT!
    I have seen TT before and Robbie once as well, but combined they were out of this world. I even had a moment where I felt like I was one of the screaming girls from a Beatle-mania clip as I became nuts with screaming and feelings of complete euphoria!!!

Anyway - just wondered was I the only one to go a bit barking at a TT (or any) concert or if others have acted totally out of character at times like this?

2. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I can remember cheering and screaming so much at a Cliff concert, that I was hoarse for 3 days afterwards [​IMG]
    Glad yo u had a great time- I saw TT live a few years back, after they'd got back together and they put on an amazing show. I'm not a fan, but went along with friends and found that I knew all the words to their songs without realising!

3. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I went three times when they were in Manchester (sorry not got the shamefaced icon on safari)

Twice was planned; once with bessie mate and second time with sister in law and niece who had travelled down from Aberdeen (400 miles)

Third time was because I'd had terrible day at work and saw pair on ebay for next day at half price!So I took my ^ft 13 year o;d son (who also loved them1)

They were brilliant. On the second time we went we got in the queue at noon and so got right to the barrier at the centre stage. My niece got to shake hands with Gary, Robbie and Mark. She says she'll never wash again! I too felt like a teenager, screaming my head of!

Can't wait for the DVD now.

PS. I'm a 43 year old, 6ft tall headteacher who should know better, but can't deny the power of the boys!

4. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

And, when they got back to Scotland, my sister in law scoured the net for tickets to Glasgow. they got a pair form Scarletmist for less than face value, so made the 200 mile journey to there. At least i only had 20 miles to go to Manchester!!!

I'd go again in a shot, but as my deputy said twice is a true fan, three times is stalking! So best not chance it!

And my son is 6ft not ^ft!

5. Phew! Thanks Lardylady and Dusty - I actually felt "out of control" when Robbie appeared. I'm not even a proper fan but just got carried away I guess.

I want to go and see them again now.[​IMG]

6. I saw them when the tour started in Sunderland; I'd never seen them before and didn't really believe everyone who said it would be the best show I'd ever see, I thought it was all just over-exaggeration. I was wrong! Robbie was the highlight for me; I saw him about 8 or 9 years ago as a solo artist and he was incredible then, and his solo set on the TT tour was just as good as then. I also thought The Flood was particularly impressive production-wise. There were groups of people standing near us talking about going to see them on several different nights and at first I thought it was a bit daft, but after seeing the show it's totally understandable - I could have watched it all again straight away. I want to go again now too...
    Oh, and I was right underneath Robbie Williams!

7. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Is there a better place to be than under Robbie Williams!

I wasn't looking forward to him that much but he was electric. So charismatic!
    My favourite bit was Hold up a Light but that's my fav song. Relight my fire was ace too. Because we were so close I've got a really good video of that on my phone (slightly marred by my screaming when Robbie came and stood proper close to us!)

8. I'm going to Wembley on Saturday.............can not wait!!

9. I watched Robbie's entrance on Youtube yesterday (just to relive the moment!) and I came over all peculiar! Although Gary is my favourite I do think Robbie stole the show. I can honestly say I have never before felt the way I did at that concert.
    I think I have lost it! [​IMG]

10. I'm getting goosepimples just reading this thread!
    Going to see them in Amsterdam on the 18th July - I cannot wait! So excited! Feel like a teenage girl again!
    Not sure my o/h is quite so excited mind you! Think he'd rather see an Ajax game than see Take That in their stadium!

11. I went to see them in Manchester and bounced around and screamed like a demented teenager from the minute they first appeared on stage! When Robbie was on I was VERY tempted to go and shove myself through the crowds just to touch his hand!! Thought better of it considering there were a lot of drunk, very hard looking women around!! When the silver ticker tape went off I nearly wet myself with excitement!! I LOVE ticker tape!! Big kid?? Moi??!! Of course!!! :)