1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tablet apps for Business Studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by gec118, Mar 6, 2018.

1. gec118

gec118 New commenter

Our school is giving (very cheap) Android tablets to all our new students and I need to research Business Studies-relevant apps to install on them, and then use in class. Any ideas? We will be getting digital versions of textbooks but I’m really wondering about other apps as I haven’t really got anywhere with web searches.
    I actually teach in Austria in a business college, so although our students are 14-15 in their first year, I’m thinking of apps that are appropriate for GCSE or even A Level Business Studies. I’ve looked into Khan Academy and TED Talks but these are only videos (and KA has nothing for business, only economics).
    There are podcasts like Planet Money, but that’s not an app of course.
    Then there are general, non-business apps like MindNode, a scanner (Scanner Pro, Dropbox...), Wikipedia and of course Microsoft 365 and OneDrive.
    Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Best wishes from Salzburg, Austria!
    PS If anyone is interested in an Erasmus+ eTwinning project, in English, please let me know!

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

You can get virtual stock trading apps for android.

3. gec118

gec118 New commenter

Thank you. Any you would recommend?

4. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

gec118 likes this.
  5. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

gec118 likes this.
  6. Snorkers

Snorkers New commenter

From a pedagogy/learning perspective, a good flashcard app is a sound starting point - building up revision card throughout the course means they can test themselves regularly. Not sure what is available on Android, but reviews would guide.

Other than that, a news app (BBC, guardian, FT) would help encourage wider reading.

gec118 likes this.