1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

table baskets

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hello
    I am going to be starting my first post after half term (maternity cover)
    and I don't like the class teacher's choice of table baskets (they are too small and for the one day i was in they kept falling over and did look messy.

I want something that can hold pens/pencils/rulers etc and some books.
    it is for a y5 class
    i was wondering what other people had bought and where they had got them from

thanks

Miss H

2. I use cleaning caddies.
    The small holes hold pens and pencils, the big hole holds books etc.

3. cheers and where did you get yours from?

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

tescos also do them , but i got mine in a small shop in the high street cheaper than both of those places.

5. I just bought some from Wilkinson's for £1.9something each- going to trial them in my year 1 class as they haven't had table baskets up until now and I am hoping it might teach them more respect for school property if they have the responsibility for them....

6. Our Year 6 class have some 'store and save' tubs (from Lakeland). We have 1 smaller tub with pencils, handwriting pens, high lighters and dry wipe pens. The larger, A4 size tub has the whiteboards, rulers and pritt sticks in. Each table is given the correct number at the start of the year, and they are responsible for any going missing.
    it's worked brilliantly and makes the table so much neater. Plus having the lid on the box stops all the kit falling out if (and when) the kids knock it off the table!

7. what was the small shop called? Is it a chain or just one near you?

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Might try this after the holiday with my year 6 class. They haven't quite the same respect for the communal pots of equipment I'd like. But a lidded box would be a far better choice for a tidy freak like me.

Oooo I feel a half term trip to lakeland coming on...

9. I got myself some cleaning caddies - they were 50p each from asda, so we'll see how these work from tomorrow.

thanks guys

Miss H

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

And I got the clip store boxes from lakeland, also going to start with them tomorrow.

Going to come back and let you know how it goes. Especially on weds when I'm not there and they will have an unknown supply teacher.

11. best of luck
    mine is a new class but the last time they had a supply teacher I was told that they had to stop one pupil from jumping out the window!! (12 foot drop)

eek nervous about starting tomorrow!

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Good Heavens! I'd have let him go I think! Or at least ignored him, assuming he was doing it for attention.

Good Luck and hope all goes well for you.