1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA to Teacher

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jefoxstar, Sep 28, 2015.

1. jefoxstar

jefoxstar New commenter

Hello I wonder if anyone can shed some light?
    I am currently working as a HLTA and the school i work in have said they are willing to put me through my teacher training. However how will the school ensure I train there?
    I am so confused!
    I spoke to the people at the department of education and they just said I would have to apply through UCAS.
    Jessica

2. ld7675

ld7675 Occasional commenter

I did School Direct via the school I was a TA at - they just linked up to an ITT provider, advertised the place as they had to but offered it to me when the ITT provider accepted me on to training. It was a good route as I was salaried but I found the transition to teacher at the same school difficult and never felt accepted by the teaching staff as one of them while the TA staff stopped speaking to me.

I did a 6 week second school placement at a school where I am now in my second year of teaching. I would also look into training opportunities elsewhere as it's good to get a spread of schools' experience.

3. jefoxstar

jefoxstar New commenter

Oh thank you that helps loads.