1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ta to teacher - Work based course

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by princess_1985, May 7, 2007.

1. Princess.
    I did the work based course at Oxford Brookes and LOVED it. Being able to take the theory directly back to the classroom is an invaluable experience. I worked as a TA in a very supportive school who allowed me to 'try out' all the things I learned. It wasn't until I started teaching that I realised how much I had picked up witout realising - behaviour management strategies etc. I also had a bank of ideas that stood me in good stead for all those 10 minute moments that you have to fill!
    In my opinion it is the best course around. Enjoy it.

2. Sorry i havent replied sooner, but Thank you to all you lovely people out there who have said lovely things. Its getting quite near now and getting a bit nervy buy hopefully it will all be fine! Im sure its far too late but to the q's people asked:
    Its a primary route - dont think theres a secondary one
    I don't have a degree
    And also to get in - i only have two alevels in fairly useless subjects at B grades

Hope that helps someone like your replies helped me! :)