1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA to teach Ruth Miskin

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by peckhamwill, Jan 24, 2016.

1. peckhamwill

peckhamwill New commenter

Hello,

sorry if this topic has been covered before...if so please post a link to the relevant thread.

I am in the process of needing to advertise for a TA to teach the RM phonics programme in our secondary school.

I am aware of the HLTA standards but not too familiar with how to write a job description that would fairly cover the expectations with an appropriate salary. I already have an excellent job description for a generic TA role but wondered if someone could share with me a JD they have written.

Thanks

2. inceywincey

inceywincey Occasional commenter

I can't help with your advert I'm afraid.
    However, I am interested, genuinely, to know why TAs are employed to do this. If you have pupils who have failed to learn to read and write competently during primary school with qualified teachers, surely now time is running out for them they need an expert.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You're interested, @inceywincey? Me too!

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2016-1-25_18-19-56.png

Gosh. I can see how motivational this will be for KS3 and 4. Inspirational.

I can quite see why you need someone pretty special to deliver this!

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Ruth Minskin does Read, Write Inc these days doesn't she?
    This does have a catch up programme for years 5-8, so presumably vaguely age appropriate.

However a fabulous English teacher might be a better, if more expensive, option.

grumpydogwoman likes this.