1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA questionnaire - help needed!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by leewelsh, May 3, 2011.

1. As part of a masters degree I am writing about the role of the TA in the classroom. I work in a secondary school where the TA's change classrooms, subjects and students daily. I need help with the questions to ask. I have questions such as how do you think your role is perceieved by the teacher in the classroom and are you utilised to the best of your ability etc...
    Thanks for your help!

2. Hi,
    I used to be a TA before I started my teacher training. I'm not sure if that will be of any use to you?
    In response to the questions you've already put up: I think my role as a TA was percieved by the teacher as someone who had to be there and they didn't question it. They were quite alright with me doing my own thing and helping out the students who needed it.
    I was utilised to the best of my ability in RE and Media (the subjects which I studied and am now training in) but in other lessons, I just picked who I would help, as you get to know the students you tend to know who is going to struggle with what. I could have been used mnore effectively, I feel, with smaller groups, maybe doing study sessions. I also used to run a lunchtime club for Autistic students, which was helpful.
    I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.