1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ta qualifications next steps

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by PTJCA, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Hi Lesley
    At TA2 your next step is get employment to get your TA3

Foundation Degrees are good but if you're wanting to become a teacher I would recommend a degree with QTS as long as you have the other entry requirememnts
    Will your headteacher not be employing you?

I did my Foundation degree 5 years ago [got my HLTA status too] and have not topped up. I'm currently looking for something to begin now but don't really want to top up!

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Im doing the foundation degree and enjoying it. You dont have much choice if you are not employed. I always thought it weird, that you could do the foundation degree (level 4 and 5) without being employed but not level 3!
    Anyway if you do level 4- the first year of the foundation degree you could apply for level 4 jobs as well as level 2, so you are not wasting your time. Also you can do it part time, so you can still volunteer and be available for any jobs that come up.
    Good luck with whatever you decide!