1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA PAY SCALES - HELP IM CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by amberlily1144, May 26, 2020.

1. amberlily1144

amberlily1144 New commenter

I am currently applying for TA positions in my area, the adverts state that the salary is 'pay scale - grade d'.
    However, when i go to the pay scales they are numbered not lettered, so what does grade d mean? I want to try and figure out my monthly take home, but how can i do this when i dont know what grade d means?!

Anyone who knows what this means, i would love to know!!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Working out TA salaries has always been like wading through treacle!

I'm sorry, I don't know what Grade D would be either - every LA uses different pay scales. Ours are numbered. You could try ringing your local council and ask for payroll department - they should be able to shed some light on the question. But remember, whatever salary they quote will be for a full-time job - 37 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year. By the time it has been worked our pro-rata for the hours you will be working and term time only, it will be much less.

Good luck with the job hunt.