1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA notice period

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by PE9988, Jun 16, 2020.

1. PE9988

PE9988 New commenter

Hello

I have checked my contract and I am required to give one months notice.

I would like to leave my TA role at the end of this term. When should I hand in my notice? The end of term 22nd or 31st July? How would the latter work at the school will be closed?

Thank

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hi PE9988
    If you plan to go at the end of term, you really need to give your notice now, saying that you will be leaving at the end of term. It will be very difficult for the school to find someone to replace you if you don't give your notice until the last day of school. It won't make any difference to the pay you get whether you give your notice now or on one of the dates you have mentioned in July - I'm not sure what you will get, but imagine that you will be paid for some of the holidays.
    As I said, it would be very difficult for the school if you resigned on the last day - and you will probably be looking for a reference from them at some point.
    Best wishes for the future.

3. PE9988

PE9988 New commenter

Hello
    Thank you for your advice, can you send me a pm, there is another question I would like to ask you.

I am being interviewed another position this week. If I am successful then I can start the process to leave.

Many thanks

4. PE9988

PE9988 New commenter

Hi Sunshineneeded

If I hand my notice next week on Monday and work up to the end of the school term july, will I get paid in August?
    Who do I ask at the school? The secretary? I don't want to lose any pay