1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA/Lunchtime Assistant role

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by legoearth, Jun 14, 2011.

1. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

i do luch cover by choice.It is a seperate roll with seperate pay and contract,as is the same with most LAs. I would be surprised if it is in your TA contract that you need to cover lunch times. Good luck.it sounds like anothercase of a TA being put uponand taken for granted!!

2. Thanks Legoearth! I am sure you are right. Have spent ages reading through my contract and job description and of course, lunchtime duties are not mentioned. I am sticking to my guns on this, although I know the manipulation will start in other ways now I am confident about this point!

3. We have lunch time cover included in our contracts for 45 mins each day - although I do work in a special needs school, so the extra cover is needed for feeding and changing the children.

4. Thanks Callyfly: Would I be right, therefore, in assuming that if it is included in your TA contract, you earn TA pay for this 45 mins?

5. We have different contracts and rates of pay for the different roles we do.