1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Job Interview Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by BethanieRose1997, Apr 3, 2019.

1. BethanieRose1997

BethanieRose1997 New commenter

Hey!

I got shortlisted today for a TA job working on personal development in a primary school
    I just want to know if anyone has any tips to share with me?
    It starts with a tour around the school
    Then a written task
    A short group task (Says I do not need to prepare anything)
    Then a panel interview if my first part is successful

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Hi BethanieRose, congratulations on getting an interview! Not sure what the written task will be - possibly replying to a message from a parent or writing a note to a parent. Or it could be having a go at a KS2 Grammar SATS paper. As you don't need to prepare anything for your group task, they will be looking at how you interact with the children.
    At the interview, there will probably be a couple of behaviour scenarios and definitely something about safeguarding (you can read up on-line about school's responsibilities there). For both behaviour and safeguarding, as well as saying what you would do, be sure to say that you would familiarise yourself with the school policies and make sure you followed them.
    Have a look at the school website tonight - you can find out lots there; there may even be copies of some of their policies. It's always good to know as much as you can before the interview - it can create a very positive impression if, on your tour, you can say something like, "I read that you have a new wildlife garden - I'd love to see it."
    Best of luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on.