1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Job Interview Task: Urgent Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by ozzyrob, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ozzyrob

ozzyrob New commenter

I am a Teaching Assistant who has an interview tomorrow morning at 9am. I've been asked to do the following: plan a 10-minute session for 4 Year 3 children. Choose an age appropriate picture book, short story or non-fiction text, and plan any activity that explores language, vocabulary or punctuation.

Although I've been working as a supply TA for some time, I've spent hardly any time with Year 3 or 4. Can anyone please offer ANY suggestions ASAP?

2. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

You need to look at Key Stage 2 National Curriculum to see what would need to be covered in order to plan an appropriate lesson. What has been covered or not covered in class?

Have you got to include differentiation and adapt the lesson to different abilities?

Trying to think of books for year 3 is quite hard off my top of my head. Have you got any thoughts in mind?

Have a look at this web link:

http://schoolreadinglist.co.uk/read...s/reading-list-for-year-3-pupils-ks2-age-7-8/

3. ozzyrob

ozzyrob New commenter

All I know is what I've posted. Thanks for your reply and the link.