1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA job interview - maths activity

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by livvie89, Jul 13, 2012.

1. I have an interview next week at a primary school for a TA job and have to run a small group maths activity for approx 6 children but can be any age I just have to specify which age the activity is appropriate for. I have to bring in my own activity. Basically I have not been a TA before and therefore really not sure what activity to do, would like to do an activity for KS2 kids possibly an activity related to multiplication but other than that no idea. If anyone has any ideas or advice about what kind of activity is appropriate it would be much appreciated. Also is it appropriate to download activity sheets from TES or another educational website or should it be something completey created by me or maybe a maths board game???

2. If I were you I'd make your own simple resource if possible, that's bound to impress. When I was a student I made a board game for number bonds to ten or twenty, can't remember which one it was now. If you do KS1 (sorry I've got no advice for KS2) make sure its a real 'hands on' activity so that it ties in with Foundation Phase/Stage. Good luck!
    P.S I wouldn't use worksheets or downloads for your interview, they probably want to see creativity/initiative, obviously those resources can be great but I don't think they're right for an interview.

3. Hi
    I would try something like a memory game with numbers or a bingo game. Both games you can either have questions and answers, (2x3 and 6), or sums with the same answers (3x4 and 2x6). Very easy to make and play.