1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by LucyCruddas, Sep 22, 2020.

1. LucyCruddas

LucyCruddas New commenter

New commenter
    Hi for a TA interview I've been asked to select a book and talk about how I would use it in a mixed KS1 class. Any hot topics or issues I may get asked about been out of teaching 2 years and never taught in state so any help much appreciated.

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Chose a book you like and are familiar with. Think about how you would introduce it - would you tell them what it was about or ask them what they thought, looking at the cover picture? How would you read it - straight through, or would you stop and ask questions to check understanding, ask them to predict what would happen next?
    I'm sure you will be asked about safeguarding, also probably given a behaviour scenario. Whatever your answers, remember to say that you will familiarise yourself with school policy and work in line with that. You may also be asked about your understanding and experience of SEND - ASD, ADHD, etc.
    Have a really good look at the school website; it should help you get a picture of their ethos and how the school works. There may also be some policies there you can read - safeguarding, behaviour - which would be useful.
    Best of luck with the interview, let us know how you get on.

Trekkie and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. LucyCruddas

LucyCruddas New commenter

Thank you, I've gone for a non fiction kids national geographic book which relates to their current topic of 7 wonders of the world. I've pulled out of the ks1 curriculum objectives and shown ways in which I could use the book to teach them. Good point about safeguarding, SEND and their policies thank you