1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA interview task?!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by spurr1998, Apr 28, 2019.

1. spurr1998

spurr1998 New commenter

Hi!

I have an interview this coming Thursday for a TA position and in the email it says that I will do a 10 minute task followed by the interview.
    I've only had 1 TA job before and that only consisted of an interview, so I have no idea of what to expect from this 'task'...

Does anyone have any ideas of what they might get me to do?

Thank you for any help!:)

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Possibly read a story or play a game with a group of children - that's what we would ask people to do. You could try ringing the school to ask if they would like you to prepare anything, that might give you some idea of what to expect. The main thing they will be looking at is how you interact with the children - introduce yourself; if they are completing a task, ask them to explain what they need to do; if they ask for help, look for ways to help them find the answer rather than just giving it to them. Smile a lot!

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

minnie me, Pomza and spurr1998 like this.