1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Interview task - thoughts??

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by geordiepip, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I have another TA interview on Monday and have received a letter which states:
    "You will have a short task to undertake with a group of KS2 pupils"
    Any suggestions on what they are going to spring on me? My interview is to take place 50 minutes after this exercise is due to start.

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Depending on the level you are applying for, probably guided reading if level1 or 2.

3. When I have been given this type of thing I always ring the school to ask how many children will be in the group, what year they are in and if there are any statemented children. You should not worry about phoning as this shows that you have thought about it and prepared properly. Good luck [​IMG]

4. joj

joj

I would ring and check aswell.They will probably give you guided reading as they did with me.So ringing will give you the heads up.Good Luck.

5. I have since received an e-mail confirming the following:
    Select a book or short extract to share with a group of 6 pupils and prepare questions for a follow up discussion with the children. You will have 20 minutes for this activity.

Any tips or suggestions?? I REALLY want this job so want to blow them away with something...

6. any ideas or suggestions???