1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Interview please heeeeelp

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by lia9, May 17, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I`ll have a TA interview next Wednesday in a primary and I desperately want this job. I would appreciate any kind of help, what sor of questions are they asking, are there any tricky bits, or things that they want to hear. At the moment I`m working in a nursery, so I know a lot of things about EYFS, but I only have vague ideas about KS1 and KS2.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Lia

2. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi, did the letter say anythink about doing practical excersises or an assesment?

3. Look on their website or if pos visit the school. They normally ask why you have chosen their school, so praise set-up, friendly atmosphere etc. Experience, special needs, interventions will be asked about. They nearly always bring child protection into an interview as well - look on their website for a policy. Finally they will ask you about yourself - team player, can work using own initiative and under instruction of class teacher, friendly, flexible etc. Also what you could bring to their school - music? sport? cooking? sewing? artistic?
    Hope this helps

4. Thank you for answering. No, the letter just confirms that I have an interview. I actually work there via an agency, so it might help a lot (or not at all). The job description doesn`t reslly specifiy which key stage they want a TA for, and I have a lot of experience from early years only, don`t know about KS2.

5. Thank you very much! I actually work there, doing maternity cover, so I know the school/staff fairly well. There are a few more internal candidates going for the job as well and I`m a bit intimidated by them, they are so confident...