1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA interview- help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by stacey2011, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Hi everyone! I have fallen into the category of being over qualified and under experienced! Although I have managed, after lots of application forms, to get an interview for a teaching assistant in the foundation stage which I am very excited about! However in my interview I need to share a story with a group of 6-8 children in reception class for 20 minutes. I have no idea what story to choose and how to make it last 20minutes! They state you can use props and that the outdoor area is available. Can anyone give me any ideas/tips/advice on what to choose! My interview is next week! Thanks for any help!

2. WERE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT!!!
    this story is a winner,... some kids may know it already, but it adds to the fun!
    to make it more interesting, use real grass, mud, sticks, hairdryer (for the wind) as you read.you can read it once in the class with the kids, and again outside renacting the story for a 'real' bear hunt!
    you can also go for a teacher hunt!, a number hunt, a sound hunt....whooo! im sorry, i might be getting over exctited!
    wish u all the best, ..
    i have a cover supervisor job interveiw on thursday they've asked me to deliver a lesson, and they wont let me know which key stage it is or what i need to deliver, they said that they'll tell me on the day of the interveiw!!... im really nervous!!!

xxx