1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA Interview activity idea...advice please

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Rainstar83, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hi, I have an interview on Tuesday for which I need to plan a 20min activity for four Year 1 pupils. I was thinking of reading Room on the Broom to them and then having a discussion about their favourite part and then getting them to do a little book review, their name, date, how many stars they give it and then draw a picture of their favourite part.

Do you think this will be ok and suitable for a 20min activity? Also is this age appropriate for Year 1, or should I get them to write a sentence about why they like it?

Thanks in advance.

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Personally, I wouldn't do a book review as you don't know the ability of the group. You could cut up sentences so they could put them in order. I would be more inclined to do a story board. Draw up and print out the sheets. You could have a picture box with a text box under so that they could write a sentence if able.