1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA in the US

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by frenchgooner, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hi!
    My name is Julien, I'm 21 and I live in France. I will be a French teaching assistant at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts next year and I'm pretty excited about it. I signed up on this forum in order to exchange with other TAs orjust people familiar with everything about teaching but also about living in the US and all. I wonder for example what level my students will have and what kind of vocabulary I may be expected to teach them. I am also quite curious about life on the campus as I've heard american campuses are way different from European and especially French ones.
    If anyone has some useful information about it, I would be glad to hear it!
    Otherwise, I am also fond of football (Arsenal powaaaaa!), cinema, music and literature so we can still talk about anything! :)

2. Welcome to TES Julien, I am an English Gooner, so you are extra welcome! I have been a primary TA for seven years. In September I am working as a HLTA with years 5/6. (10/11 years old) I am sure lots of us TAs will be really interested to find out how you get on with your new job.