1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA getting married

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by aj84, Nov 6, 2018.

1. aj84

aj84 New commenter

Hi all,
    My TA is getting married in 4 weeks and I’d like my class to do something really nice for her before her big day.
    Obviously I’ll do the usual - making a card etc, but I’d like some ideas for making her last working day as a ‘Miss’ extra special.

Thanks!

2. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

You could get your class to make her a little flower posy out of paper or you could buy a nice flower bouquet for her. What about having a special tea party and the boys and girls cone in fancy dresses and suits like wedding guests

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Love the tea party idea, pickles! Think that could work really well … kids could make simple sandwiches and decorate cakes.

4. circuskevin

circuskevin Established commenter

Hi @aj84 ,

If every child made her a card she would receive a multitude of observations about her interactions with the pupils.

Doing workshops in schools I've often received bundles of thank you letters. I've hoarded them away as I am loath to throw them out!

She may well treasure a pile of cards which she can look back on in future years.

The tea party idea sounds great.

Kevin

5. Kateray1

Kateray1 Occasional commenter

Ive left a few schools and had all sorts of gifts, some that stick in my mind and have kept are the cards from form tutor groups and a T’shirt with all good wishes from primary class.

What about little wedding themed crackers with a good will message inside, a joke and a wrapped sweet?