1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TA deployment

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by salisbec, Feb 25, 2020.

1. salisbec

salisbec New commenter

I am new to my SENDCO post and need to produce a 'strategic analysis' of my TA deployment - I know how I want to deploy my TA's and where I want to make changes I am just unsure how I present the information. Has anybody completed this already to offer any advice?

Thank you :)

2. marky123

marky123 New commenter

Firstly, good luck in your new role. Make up a TA policy (just search this on google) and you will find a TA model policy that can be adapted. It isnt statutory but does support when the "O" comes knocking on how you deploy. This will help you think about what and why. However, also remember if written down you will be made accountable to this. In my experience though, it is a useful document to have. I have a copy if you cant find one. Equally make sure you use the EEF and the evidence there in your thinking, good luck

M

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

You need to start with your policy ( clear and transparent ) for how the students are placed on the school's Additional Needs Record first and THEN base a rationale around this. You should start by producing a QFT model ( refer to the revised COD ) which illustrates what all staff should be addressing as a matter of routine practice to accommodate a range of need ( and what you expect to see as a result ) and then identify the TRIGGERS which would constitute degrees of SEND and thus additional / different support . Important then to lead whole school training on deployment of TAs so everyone singing from the same hymm sheet. Also ensure that PM targets are generated to ensure accountability. You can look at other settings and their approaches but you need to make a professional judgment on what is pertinent to you. Consider your priority learning need ( students ) too. Conversation me if you think I can help further. I was Secondary but above applies cross phase.

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well @salisbec I trust these responses were of use ?