1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

T4W Observation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lizzii_2008, Apr 19, 2012.

1. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

Was just looking for abit of advice really - I have an observation due this term and the focus for the whole school is the impact of Talk 4 Writing upon actual writing. The problem is that I'm in nursery. Although I do follow the principles of T4W we tend to a lot more talking, mind mapping and drawing (with adults scribing).
    There will be my teaching assistant and I avaible and both will have a focus group during the observation but the other childre will have access to the rest of the classroom and the area just outside the door.
    I'm not looking for advice on the actual lesson but more what people would expect from a lesson where the focus is writing?
    Thanks!

2. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

Was just looking for abit of advice really - I have an observation due this term and the focus for the whole school is the impact of Talk 4 Writing upon actual writing. The problem is that I'm in nursery. Although I do follow the principles of T4W we tend to a lot more talking, mind mapping and drawing (with adults scribing).
    There will be my teaching assistant and I avaible and both will have a focus group during the observation but the other childre will have access to the rest of the classroom and the area just outside the door.
    I'm not looking for advice on the actual lesson but more what people would expect from a lesson where the focus is writing?
    Thanks!

3. You have an opportunity to demonstrate the importance of adults modelling writing for young children, as well as the huge need to develop talk as a skill for developing future writers. It sounds like Talk 4 Writing has been designed with this in mind.