1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

T-shirts

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jun 3, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Has anybody noticed ordinary bog-standard t-shirts for sale that are <u>longer</u> than normal?

Standard length ones are just not long enough for me, and the standard seems to be getting shorter year on year! Surely somewhere there are longer t-shirts? I have searched...

Please help!

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I would like to get some t shirts and other tops that don't have an indecently low neckline as well.
    Evans for example, do some lovely tops, but they usually have a great big scooped neck.
    I've taken to adding home-made modesty panels to make them wearable

3. lilachardy

I agree!
    When I used to shop at Evans, I found that my whole bra would be on show!
    Who is it supposed to fit?!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Sainsbury's have T shirts in their Tu range that seem generously long to me. I'm 5'10 and they go right down over my hips.

5. lilachardy

Ordinary plain t-shirts? I looked there and could only find patterned ones or silly shapes!
    Is it worth me going back?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Yes. Mine are unpatterned and ordinary T shirt shaped. They are cotton and cost &pound;5 each. They go up to size 22. Is there a Sainsbury's website so you could have a look?

7. lilachardy

They didn't used to have their clothes on their website, but I'll have a look.

Thanks for your help - last year I got my t-shirts in Sainsbury's, but last weekend when I went there, they had nothing of the sort!