1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

T.A struggling with teacher

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by jenny_lo1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. jenny_lo1

jenny_lo1 New commenter

Hi, i started working in a new school, and i have been there for about 6 months now working all day Monday and mornings the rest of the week. I am finding it hard to get on with the teacher as she talks to me quite rudely in-front of the children. I am currently doing my level 3 in teaching assistant, and my course work needs to be signed of by the teacher before i send it . This is proving difficult as she is marking my work rather then giving a feedback, and is taking her time, which is getting close go my deadline. I have had to send my course work of, without her feedback as im running out of time. I have tried emailing my head of T.A but had not response. The other teachers and T.As say shes hard to work with. Its just getting me down and making me feel as if i cant do my job. Any advice??

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Is there not another teacher that will do it for you? Teachers shouldn't be playing God.
    If it's just a case of them reading what you have written, it should be ok.
    If you are still struggling ,have a word with the head teacher.

3. jenny_lo1

jenny_lo1 New commenter

Thank you for your reply. I emailed one of the staff who we have our performance management through, he then said he would speak with the teacher, he did and she said shes behind with her work and doesn't have the time. He has very kindly taken it on but again he can only proof read it, but it has to be the teacher who gives the feedback and signs it.
    Think il have to see how this plans out.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I'm glad you have sorted something out, hope it works for you. I'm sure the teacher is very stressed, but that doesn't excuse being rude to you in front of the children. If that happens again, you could try finding a time when you're alone and saying that you understand that she may sometimes feel you're not doing things in the right way and want to comment on it, but could this please be done in private. I know it wouldn't be easy to say, but she might not even realise she's doing it and it's making you uncomfortable.
    Good luck with the course.