1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

symptoms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Hi Ladies,
    Those of you that have had you BFP, I need some help. AF isn't due till Saturday, but have a few symptoms over the past few days, but they are not constant. For example: had shooting pain in my right breast all Fri night, a little bit Sat afternoon, one twinge yesterday, then nothing. Is this normal. Should I test? Do these symptoms come and go or should they be constant?
    Thanks.

2. I didn't have any exact symptoms, just felt hungover and not quite right (and pretty grumpy). If you can, wait, and if you can, try not to think about it - I know that's nigh on impossible though. I so hope that's its a BFP for you - fingers crossed x

3. Ok, CD28 and had a gassy feeling all day - like my stomach is full of air and that I need to eat loads to get rid of it! What do we think?

4. I felt bloated, and really really hungry. Also strange but my nipples felt almost greasy.Sorry if that was tmi! Good luck. x

5. Still no AF, but it's not due till Sat, but have AF-like cramps (allbeit very mild) today. Will test tomorrow if still no AF (will be CD30).

6. Do you normally have cramps before AF? Don't want to raise your hopes but I had af style cramps for 4 days before af was due and then got bfp and now got a 2 month old dd. Thought it was odd as normally only had cramps during actual af and not before.
    Hope u get the result you want

7. Only occasionally do I get pre AF pain. Had some more shooting pain in left nipple earlier. Also, suddenly had a mad desire to eat sausages earlier! It's now proving rather difficult not to get my hopes up.

8. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

As someone else said, I felt hungover and generally not right. In fact when I did the test I remember thinking that if I wasn't pregnant I better go to the doctor as there was something wrong with me [​IMG]

9. Red Devil I know exactly what you mean. My periods quite irregular so never really sure if I'm late or not. My first was not planned at all (a rather lovely surprise) but I was falling asleep all the time - so decided to test or it was off to the docs as I must have something scary.
    Second time (now 18 weeks) planned. My boobs were tingling like crazy but did couple of tests that turned out negative so decided I was all in my mind, until a week later and hey presto two blue lines.
    Good Luck to OP!

10. Can you get symptoms as early as 3DPO?

11. Well I've been tracking my symtoms on mymonhtlycycles all cycle and the amount I tracked did go up from 3DPO (if I ov'd when I think I did). Yesterday I tracked 8 symptoms! On saying that though, today I only tracked 2! Not looking too good really.
    The thing that confuses me about symptoms is if different symptoms last for a few days, then disappear, or are people finding they have the same symptom that is constant? It's all so confusing.

12. Well I've been tracking my symtoms on mymonhtlycycles all cycle and the amount I tracked did go up from 3DPO (if I ov'd when I think I did). Yesterday I tracked 8 symptoms! On saying that though, today I only tracked 2! Not looking too good really.
    The thing that confuses me about symptoms is if different symptoms last for a few days, then disappear, or are people finding they have the same symptom that is constant? It's all so confusing.

13. Don't know why my message came up twice! It's only just dawned on me that these 'symptoms' I track are the same you track for PMS aswell! No wonder we are driven mad each month!

14. Fluffyone it's funny you mention tingly boobs. The only time I had ever had this was when I was pregnant with my daughter until I started to TTC no2 - I now have it every month!!!! [​IMG] How weird is that?

15. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

To answer your query...YES! The hangover feeling lasted until 22 weeks.

16. I thought I'd bump this thread up as it's that time again!
    Well, I'm 3DPO today and have started having what I think are 'symptoms'. From late afternoon I've been having a pain in my right nipple, not constant, just comes and goes. About 30 minutes ago, I started to get back ache. Exactly like AF pain, but in my lower back. I then started to fell 'wet' and for a moment I thought AF had arrived super eraly giving my an LP of 3 days! Nothing in pants thankfully.
    I can never remember if I get these 'symptoms' at this time usually. Is 3DPO too early? AM I being too hopeful?

17. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

With my son I had sore boobs and just felt shattered, and then i had cramps before i thought AF would be due. I'd just come off the pill so had no idea when AF would be.
    With my daughter i had really strong cramps, couldn't sleep properly and got 2 huge spots which I never get! Despite that i did a test 2 days overdue and BFN, even though it said you could test 4 days before AF was due. I've no idea when i ovulated though, but i'm assuming quite late as I was apart from my husband for a week while I stayed at my parents' in the Summer.

18. Sore boobs, chucking my guts up and absolutely shattered - I was getting home from work and sleeping through and still being tired when the alarm woke me up in the morning. It was my rest bite from throwing up I think.
    Good luck
    x

19. If you don't mind me asking, when did you start getting symptoms? I'm only 3DPO and am convinced it's far too early.

20. Oh my word, I had the most bizarre, yet vivid dream last night. I dreamt that, at just 3dpo I went for a scan because of the cramps I was having and it showed a healthy embryo! I was given a really clear scan pic and took it home. My mum found it on my kitchen table and started telling the family I was preg, and I was annoyed as I hadn't even taken a test yet (I obviously didn't believe the scan). Very odd. It's been months since I had a preg dream.