1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Symmetry Materials Y6 SATS

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by howie1000, Apr 8, 2012.

1. howie1000

howie1000 New commenter

Hi,

I'm sorry for butting in - I'm an ICT teacher.

I have a quick question I hoped one of you might be able to help me with.

My daughter has been practising SATs papers and appears to have horrendous problems with questions about symmetry.

Do any of you know where I might find websites/downloadable materials that could help her with her understanding?

Any help/tips would be very much appreciated thanks.

2. howie1000

howie1000 New commenter

Hi,

I'm sorry for butting in - I'm an ICT teacher.

I have a quick question I hoped one of you might be able to help me with.

My daughter has been practising SATs papers and appears to have horrendous problems with questions about symmetry.

Do any of you know where I might find websites/downloadable materials that could help her with her understanding?

Any help/tips would be very much appreciated thanks.

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Leaving aside that there should be no need to practice SATs papers, and assuming you really just want to help your daughter with an area of maths she finds tricky[​IMG], you could look at
    http://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/symmetry.html which covers reflectional and rotational symmetry as well as translations and transformations

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Is she using tracing paper and a small mirror to help her with the questions? If you're going to practise this topic, make sure you're doing it with the right equipment!