1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sword of Damocles

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by HonoriaGlossop, May 3, 2012.

1. I am hating every second of my PGCE Teaching Practice and the final day is TOMORROW and I still don't know if I have passed or failed.

I don't know if I want to go into teaching any more. I am thinking probably not. This is supposed to be a really good school with good kids, and it's just not working for me.

Come on, Damocles. Flipping drop it already.

2. I am hating every second of my PGCE Teaching Practice and the final day is TOMORROW and I still don't know if I have passed or failed.

I don't know if I want to go into teaching any more. I am thinking probably not. This is supposed to be a really good school with good kids, and it's just not working for me.

Come on, Damocles. Flipping drop it already.

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Have you been told you're failing?

Have "cause for concern" meetings been held?

Has your mentor and PGCE tutor met with you to discuss strategies to ensure you pass? Support put in place, targets carefully agreed and monitored?

... if none of the above, then they're the ones in trouble if they fail you now, not you!

Most people feel that way about their second placement.

4. Have you been told you're failing? Yes.

Have "cause for concern" meetings been held? No, not really.Our meetings have been very informal andnever given a"cause for concern" status.

Has your mentor and PGCE tutor met with you to discuss strategies to ensure you pass? Support put in place, targets carefully agreed and monitored? No, they've just told me to "tell them to be quiet".

... if none of the above, then they're the ones in trouble if they fail you now, not you!

They have failed me. I can resit if I want, but frankly, I'm glad to be out now.