1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Switzerland

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Bex28, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Am currently eyeing up a job that's going in Switzerland! Was just wondering what a liveable salary would be (have searched through old posts, but most are around 8 years old and would really like an up-to-date idea)? Also, if anyone has any thoughts about this boarding school (near Villars, I'd be interested to hear them :)
    Also a general question about international applications, as I'm considering quite a few at the moment - would it be frowned upon to email and ask questions such as the salary, what duties would be required with regards to the boarding school, whether accommodation is provided, whether the school would help you find accommodation etc... Or is it generally expected that these will be asked at interview?
    Thanks in advance!

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

I'm sure someone with more information will post, but I recall (from recent investigation) that anything in the 60-70K CHF range without housing is just ok (if I am remembering correctly).
    As for asking about the package before the school has actually shown real interest in you, yes, that would generally be considered bad form. You are much better off doing research on your own. PM me if you want to know about a school and I'll check my sources.

3. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it :) Will PM you now.