1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

switching off a ps3

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mancminx, Feb 18, 2012.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

My son has gone out, ive just come home and he has left his PS3 switched on in the middle of a game. How can I end, i cant get hold of him.
    Thanks

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Does it matter if it's left on?

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If you look at the wall you will see a plug socket. There will be a plug in the socket. If the socket has a switch then turn it off. It the socket does not have a switch then grasp the plug firmly and pull in a perpendicular direction to the wall. Hey presto the device is now off!

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Alternativly play and change his password! Serves him right!

5. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Haha Blazer thanks a lot.
    I have somehow managed to do it by pressing and pulling at the controls.

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I am still waiting for the punchline

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That's what I was thinking too. Either leave it on or if the tv is needed,just pull the plug. Who cares if it's in the middle of a game? The son would not have left it on!

8. It costs me a fortune when my son visits me with his games console (not sure which one he has now) as he not only leave it plugged in all the time but also leave the internet connected so it downloads all sorts of updates! The first time he did it I got an email from Plusnet saying that I was approaching my download limit which rather shocked me as i rarely go download things! When we checked, we found out it was his games console but as he cannot use it while away on exercises (he is in the army) we decided he could download updates while we was with me but he pays me the extra for going over my limit.
    But he does have his own bedroom so it can stay connected as long as it needs, as long as he un plugs it when he goes out - I worry about fires!!