1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Switching from AQA to Edexcel or OCR

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sam enerve, Nov 9, 2011.

1. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

Helen Myers did a comparison document on exam boards and CA requirements for ALL here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:IZmpENxND2sJ:www.all-london.org.uk/Resources/GCSE_review/hem%2520nov%252008%2520gcse_spec_comparison%2520version%252013.doc+all+helen+myers+controlled+assessment&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiZAfP3ySey3XeRwTTHF7jCrYVZJSgI7oIX5R1mSxpHIeqrfZV2mmc9H4d5OsrUCDOF8Kgh3z1No6DjpvLS3z1uMut0DLTl2p_yjdXJhMIarmLwPcuG9Lqclej8_1oDjSbZw_5y&sig=AHIEtbRyD8ZbZpezd1UjpvUkD9_4-xmiHA

2. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Why are you thinking of changing?

3. Controlled Assessment is dreadful regardless of which board you go for, but I am glad you are jumping the AQA ship. They made such a horrific hash of the GCSE written CA marking (even after appeals) I shudder to think what process their examiners use to mark the work.
    It could be a pair of dice or a roulette wheel, but they're sure as hell not reading the stuff.
    Still waiting for Gove to abolish CA... hurry up please...

4. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Don't forget that Edexcel didn't come out of the written CA debacle very well either.

5. I can't get the Helen Meyers link to open, can anyone help?
    We too have decided to jump from the AQA nightmare and are looking for decent alternatives.
    Thanks