1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Switch to igcse

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ferryman09, Sep 2, 2012.

  1. If you are in a state school, then you probably want either the AQA or Edexcel "Certificate" which is the re-jigged version of the iGCSE for the masses. Search this forum for more comprehensive threads on this...
  2. Bungie

    Bungie Occasional commenter

    I have experience of teaching the Cambridge Spanish IGCSE privately to pupils from independent schools. It is about the same level of difficulty as the OLD AQA Higher GCSE syllabus with the old written paper option. If pupils have a sound knowledge of vocabulary and grammar they get the grade they deserve; no more, no less. Remember, though, that the extended writing paper is optional.
    I agree that the Edexcel paper looks quite easy but I have no experience of this.

Share This Page