1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Swedish election

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Sep 8, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Is this like your new thing?

When you get called out you accuse others of ''going around in circles''?

Let me know when you want to send your money to my wife and daughter btw. While not super keen on it, they'll be quite happy to get some new clothes.

2. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

From Wikipedia:
    “Swedish election policy of always displaying the ballot papers for voters to select in public, making it impossible for many voters to vote secretly, has been criticised as undemocratic. Many use subterfuge and select bunches of additional ballots which they do not actually intend to use.”​

lanokia likes this.
  3. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Yes you have said this already.

4. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

It's more like a helical than a circle, we cover the same ground, but make small steps forward each time. I find it a very effective method, for instance I now know that you only object to those immigrants that arrived after you did. Previously I had no idea if it was straightforward racism or hypocrisy, given your objection to white Europeans and willingness to drop all barriers "particularly for those from Africa" we can see it's a mixture of both.

We also had your right on politics and willingness to redistribute what you thought of as the wealth of the "rich" but now we get a slightly petulant and scaled down
    Now that you realise that your wealth would also be up for grabs. Quite a drop from " I would take your investments and pensions to pay for the infrastructure needed to accomodate them".

See what I mean about small steps forward?

5. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

And your evidence for this is?

6. Burndenpark

Well you did want to leave the EU because you object to the free movement of labour didn't you? And that only applies to Europeans doesn't it? And what colour are the vast majority of Europeans?

Then we got this:
    And the vast majority of Africans are what colour?

Were you aware of your prejudice beforehand?

As I said, more of a helical, covering the same ground but making little steps forward each time.

7. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

You said I objected to white Europeans. You were quite clear. You think that only white people are Europeans don't you?

I see what you mean about small steps forward.

8. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Or maybe it is just a case of takes one to know one.

9. Burndenpark

No? What makes you think that?
    Classical effort there to confuse categories.
    The vast majority of swans are white- therefore all white birds must be swans.

Nice try but smoke and mirrors don't always work.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

But you've expressed the view in the past that white people aren't Africans ... however long they and their forebears have been resident there.

So even if that was what BP meant [and I don't think it was, you're just trying to find some reason to accuse anyone else of being a racist in the same tired manner of many on here] it'd call into question your own views.

11. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

When have I said that? Evidence?

12. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Still waiting for where I said I objected to white Europeans.

13. Burndenpark

1) You support Brexit to stop free immigration didn't you?
    2) The only place which enjoyed that freedom was Europe wasn't it?
    2) what colour are the vast majority of Europeans?

Yet you are keen to take in immigrants with an "open door policy particularly for those from Africa"?

Just accept that you've condemned yourself from your own keyboard, and either reconsider your views or admit them.

This helical has reached an end. Now what other circles would you like us to go in?

14. Burndenpark

Of course it wasn't, he was trying to confuse by mixing things up, at least I credit him with the intelligence (and slipperiness) to have done that on purpose. Or it could be that he really does think that all white birds are swans and all red flowers are roses.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I thought I did in the next bit in the brackets...

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

On one of the threads about South Africa.

Now... any thoughts on the Swedish election?

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Cheers... helpful to know.

anotherauntsally likes this.
  18. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Which thread and post number?

19. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

I'm afraid I can't move forward until you substantiate your claim or admit you were lying. Here is a reminder.

You said

and I ask where have I objected to white Europeans.

20. Burndenpark

What % of Europeans are not white?

Come back when you can clearly show that by discriminating against Europeans you aren't also discriminating against whites.