1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survival Tips

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pleasemiss__, Feb 7, 2016.

1. pleasemiss__

pleasemiss__ Occasional commenter

Tomorrow is my last week in my current long term placement and possibly my last day as a supply teacher.

Would anyone care to share any tips for surviving one final week? What do you do to get through your day at school?

My tips:

Start the day with those I love... my other half and two dogs. Remember how lucky I am to have them and no matter how miserable a day I have at work, I'll always have these three to come home to.

Have a delicious cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

Pack a healthy lunch, including snacks, and a big bottle of water. What do you take for lunch?

Maybe pack a flask with a herbal tea.

Dress smartly, so I feel good and in control.

Leave in good time to avoid traffic.

I pack a book or a puzzle book (preferably Sudoku) for a little down time at lunch.

Pack stickers so that marking is sparkly and pretty.

Remember to breathe. It'll be over soon.

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

I agree that the loved ones to come home to is certainly a way to help smooth the rough places in life. I have my husband and a cat, but the one thing above even that, is my prayer time before I go out. Knowing God of the Bible is with me all day no matter where I go, or what I may encounter, helps me face the day.

Have a good week pleasemiss...take one day at a time. Everyone is looking forward to half term - you will make it.

3. WillyDjangoReinhardt

WillyDjangoReinhardt Occasional commenter

Ow wow is me, I have no one to come home to. . . : ). Remember, it could always be worse. Seems youve already got it covered. Good luck!