1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survival kit...new teacher!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by giraffe77, Jun 18, 2011.

1. My student teacher is leaving us in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of doing a survival kit for her....got the basics - paracetamol, ear-plugs, sharpener, green pen, etc, but am after any more ideas if you have them!
    Thank you!! :)

2. My student teacher is leaving us in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of doing a survival kit for her....got the basics - paracetamol, ear-plugs, sharpener, green pen, etc, but am after any more ideas if you have them!
    Thank you!! :)

3. Nit comb, stickers, blu tak, wall stapler if you can stretch to it!

4. Love the nit comb idea. How about a stamper or a set of stampers (get them cheap on eBay.)

5. What a brilliant idea. :)

6. greta444

greta444 New commenter

wet wipes, latex gloves, diary, stapler, hole punch, ring binders, memory stick,
    lovely idea.

7. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

plasters, post its, mug, pro plus, tissues, stickers, tea/coffee

8. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

chocolate, wall stapler and a big prit stick so you can glue in half the time.

9. I did this for my student last year. I had pens (I gave her about 50 cos we always joked she needed a pen a day as she managed to lose so many!), hole punch, stapler, pro plus, paracetamol, ear plugs, stickers, stamp, a mug (and dilute OJ as she had hot orange not ea or coffee), a list of really useful websites (in case she lost her favourites list like i did as an NQT). I'm sure there was somethig else.
    the main thing she loved tho was a school photo of her with the cchildren. I put it in a frame and embellished it a bit (I'm arty) and put a lovely poem on the back. I also got the kids to write a message (about 6 kids who she'd really bonded with and helped through tough times wrote very touching messages with a bit of help).
    She came to me with very low confidence and self esteem as she hadnt done well in her 1st placement. She blossomed and She was blubbering all afternoon. She just got a 1st in her degree last week and says she looked at the picture and poem every day of her final placement.
    \Doodles

10. My teacher bought me a whistle, air freshner and pumps to leave in school xxx