1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survey: TLR Points - Associated LM time and Pay. (Secondary)

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by timmyclub, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I hope this isn't considered to be 'spam'. I'm doing a little research into the variation in time and pay allocated for the same role across different authorities.
    I am mainly interested in the time allocated to do certain departmental and whole school roles, as there is only narrow scope for variation in pay at the same TLR point. However, I would be grateful of as much accurate information as I can get.
    The survey itself is located here: http://tinyurl.com/tlrpoll (It's only 8 quick questions!)

In the spirit of giving back to the TES community, the results are available here: http://tinyurl.com/tlrresults
    I trust there will be other people here than myself interested in them. This is the only place I will publicise it though, so at the time of posting, the results are thoroughly uninteresting! The more people that fill this in, the more interesting it gets. Feel free to spread the word...
    It is open to mistakes though, so be careful not to submit twice etc (and hopefully no PR-seeking head or authority will enter that they give everyone 20 non-contact periods a week x100). :)

Many thanks,
    Tim

2. Hi all,
    I hope this isn't considered to be 'spam'. I'm doing a little research into the variation in time and pay allocated for the same role across different authorities.
    I am mainly interested in the time allocated to do certain departmental and whole school roles, as there is only narrow scope for variation in pay at the same TLR point. However, I would be grateful of as much accurate information as I can get.
    The survey itself is located here: http://tinyurl.com/tlrpoll (It's only 8 quick questions!)

In the spirit of giving back to the TES community, the results are available here: http://tinyurl.com/tlrresults
    I trust there will be other people here than myself interested in them. This is the only place I will publicise it though, so at the time of posting, the results are thoroughly uninteresting! The more people that fill this in, the more interesting it gets. Feel free to spread the word...
    It is open to mistakes though, so be careful not to submit twice etc (and hopefully no PR-seeking head or authority will enter that they give everyone 20 non-contact periods a week x100). :)

Many thanks,
    Tim

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I would be very interested in the results of this but for a couple of things, Tim.
    You are not likely to get much useful information on "the variation in time and pay allocated for the same role across different authorities" because
    you will only get at best a few score responses via this forum,
    the same roles do not have the same title in different schools (and vice versa)
    the same role does not mean the same work in different schools, let alone in different authorities
    there is no standard definition of what the TLR a, b, c grades actually signify, although most schools do use a= highest, b=middle etc, they don't have to
    LAs do not determine TLR pay points, schools do
    As a primary teacher I would be interested to know how many subject leaders/coordinators get any TLR at all. The only research on this is 3 or 4 years old now and there are endless arguments about it in these forums.

4. Thanks for your response. Perhaps I hadn't thought this through well enough - I certainly didn't realise that the 2a, 2b, etc naming conventions were changeable from school to school.
    I figured I could group the various job titles later in the day, with a little thought. You are correct that workloads in the same job title will vary. Whilst I would be happy to include a question or two asking for a brief outline of the role and make those results available, I'm not personally sure how I would move forwards with any analysis of that data.
    As someone who is interested in the results, do you have any suggested changes to the questions whilst it still has only two responses? Even better, do you have a link to the other research you speak of, so I can see what kind of data was collected?

5. thanks for starting this. filled it in. will be interested in the results. could you just let us know as to how long you will keep the survey open.

6. Thanks for taking the time to fill it in. I have no particular timeframe or deadline in mind. The responses are timestamped, so I can avoid one day comparing 2011 conditions to 2021 conditions!
    Its lifespan will probably be largely determined by this thread.

7. Bump!

Come on people.. let's get a couple of hundred more responses! :)