1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survey Request - Role Play in classrooms.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by trainee-teacher, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Hi, I am a student teacher currently writing a research dissertation on the use of role-play within Primary Classrooms. In order to support some of my research I would love to have more information about how role play is used in schools outside of those in my limited personal experience as a student and so would be grateful if anyone could take the time to answer a few simple questions.
    I do have a few guidelines for anyone gracious enough to give their time and interest to this:
    1. The survey is intended for Primary/EYFS school teachers only, please do not complete it if you are a teacher with no Primary/EYFS experiences to draw upon, or if you are a parent/carer.
    2. The third option for the questions is a simple 'don't know/not applicable' - this is not intended to support vague answers, but since the survey requires an answer for every question this option is intended to cover any questions which may not be applicable to you when completing. These answers will not be considered for my data, only 'yes' and 'no'. I have tried to make the questions as straightforward as possible so
    that 'yes' or 'no' will suffice, but I apologise if this isn't always the case.
    3. The survey is intended to be anonymous, so the only demographic data I would like to collect is the year in which you teach. I have included a comments box within the survey which is also anonymous, but welcome any comments here on the forum also.
    4. I would still like to hear from Primary teachers who do NOT use role play in their classrooms, however the majority of the questions will be N/A for you.
    5. Finally, by 'Role Play' I mean the provision of any area within or near the classroom where pupils have access to props, equipment, costumes etc that will allow them to act out their thought/experiences. The survey does not relate to drama as an independent subject.
    Thank you for your time.

Click here to take survey

2. Just tried, survey didn't work properly.

3. Oh dear.. that's not good. The trial went fine, so not sure what the problem was. DId it give you an error message?

4. Some responses have been collected, so think it is working ok for most users. Thank you to all who have completed, or tried to.

5. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

It worked ok for me!
    Bx

6. Thank you for letting me know.

7. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Just did your survey, but as I have a mixed age class, I could have done with an EYFS/KS1 option!

8. I put key stages instead of year groups in case people had mixed age classes... but completely forgot about cross keystage mixes.... *slaps own forehead*

Thanks for letting me know,, I'll add the extra option now.