1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survey regarding single sex education for PGCE student.

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Jonny_H, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Jonny_H

Jonny_H New commenter

Hello everyone

I'm currently doing my maths 11-18 PGCE and am in the middle of a project. The project is seeking to identify the impact single and mixed gender education has on the attainment of pupils. I am interested not only in the statistics regarding attainment from mixed and single gender schools but also the views of teachers that work in these schools.

If you could answer the following it would be of great help to me.

Please score the following using the scale 0 - 10 (0 being completely disagree and 10 completely agree). Please also write what kind of school (mixed/single/selective etc) you teach in.

1) Single gender education is beneficial to the academic attainment of pupils.

2) Boys and girls have different learning styles and should therefore be taught separately

3) Single gender education has no negative impact on the personal / social development of the child

4) Single gender education leads to better behaviour in the classroom

5) Your gender determines what subjects you will naturally be good at.

Please either post your responses in the forum, message me privately or email me on jonathan_hawthorne@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for your help.

Jonathan.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

1) 8
    2) 8
    3) 7
    4) 9
    5) 3

5 years in a boys comp followed by 17 years and counting in a girls comp.