1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Survey about teachers leaving their jobs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by m_d_bergfeld, Mar 28, 2017.

1. m_d_bergfeld

m_d_bergfeld New commenter

Dear all, in case you know anyone who would has left the teaching profession, please ask them to fill in this survey. If you have left the teaching profession and would like to do a 20min telephone interview please send me an email m.d.bergfeld@qmul.ac.uk or contact me via Facebook.

This survey and interviews are for academic and non-commercial purposes only.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/J5CZ7NR

Kind regards,

Mark

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Done.

What are you going to do with the results? Will you let us know what you discover?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Would be very interested in what you intend to do with the results and how big a response you receive, which could be considered 'significant' in statistical terms.

4. m_d_bergfeld

I hope to publish an academic paper on the individual and collective dimensions of teachers leaving their jobs. I will also try to make results available in other formats. If you send me your email address I will keep you in the loop m.d.bergfeld@qmul.ac.uk

5. m_d_bergfeld

Dear Lara,

This is an open question so far. That's why I have been posting this survey up online as well as conducting in-depth interviews with teachers who have left their profession.

Best,

Mark

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. cb324

cb324 Occasional commenter

In the process of leaving after 5 year. Sent you my number and would be happy to give you a proper interview.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. stonerose

stonerose Occasional commenter

Teachers vote 'with their feet' because they are loaded with responsibilities (over-loaded really) - responsibilities that are euphemistically called 'accountability' - notice here the singular noun, which really should plural. You find yourself accountable for everything from little Johnny's lost sock, to why didn't our Whitney get all her GCSEs with A*. 'Aspirations' have turned into unreasonable 'expectations' ...and woe betide the teacher who hasn't convinced all and sundry that the have moved heaven and earth to 'make it happen guys'.

Responsibility with zero power is awful, it's no wonder that you can hear the marching of teachers' boots on the move.

pineapplehead likes this.