1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Surprise, surprise!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Alice W., Apr 3, 2012.

1. Alice W.

Alice W. New commenter

Guess what? I've just had a visit from a colleague who brought a card for me and some prezzies! The card was from 'all your friends' at school, along with some lovely flowers and other goodies. The people who matter to me signed the card and sent their best wishes for the future. I am touched.
    The messages I have received from you all on this forum have helped me feel so much better about my situation and now I feel like today has been the icing on the cake.
    Thank you all.x

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

You're welcome. I like that bit:
    and you matter to them.

3. AlwaysAdaptable

AlwaysAdaptable New commenter

There are people in life who matter. I am glad you feel better [​IMG]

4. Hooray! So glad for you. Hopefully you feel MUCH better about it all now.

5. lejanderson

lejanderson New commenter

Super to hear! I read your original thread with much sadness so I'm glad that it's all worked out in the end!

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Lovely news. I'm so pleased for you.

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Excellent news. xxxx

8. ahh that has made me go to bed smiling... great news. well its not news to your friends - they knew they cared-just reminds me that i should show people that i care a bit more often.
    good night

9. Good to hear, I too read your previous thread so I am delighted to read this. All the best.

10. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

I'm so glad to read this Alice. Have to say it did strike me while composing my last post that it was very early days yet, but just in case nothing transpired ( there are a lot of very thoughtless people in teaching, I regret to say ) I didn't mention this.
    Wishing you all the best!