1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Surly staff members

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by syapgp17, May 12, 2011.

1. I am a school executive who has a team of 7 including 2 teachers who are quite negative, uncollabrative and sometimes will ignore other team members. Two of my team are young, keen teachers who have put a great deal of work into preparing prgrams of work that they are happy to be shared with other team members.Often there is not even a thank you from these teachers and nothing reciprocated. I have heard complaints from 3 people in the last week about these two and feel at a loss as what to do. I feel that saying something to them will only cause more upset and uncooperation - at least I have a level of rapport with them. Any ideas on how to deal with this delicately?
    Sue

2. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

forgive my ignorance...

what is a school executive??

3. bigkid

bigkid New commenter

Are they any good at teaching?
    I stopped sharing my planning with those that do not reciprocate or appreciate my efforts a long time ago. I think you have 2 options here.
    <ol>[*]Do not give them anything and do not expect anything from them. Let them get on with what they are doing as individuals rather than part of the team. The other 5 of you work together.[*]Pressure them into pulling their weight in planning with the support of your line manager if necessary (assuming the "school executives" have line managers)</ol>Is this the right thread for this?