1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Surely a new low?

Discussion in 'English' started by PIGGYSSPECS, Apr 23, 2013.

1. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

A person claiming to have a doctorate in English doesn't know how to use an apostrophe or a hyphen.
    Her doctorate came from The University of Trolls!

2. Thank goodness my 'poor education' at least taught me to do that!

Agreed on the 3/4 levels of progress. Our focus this year has been to hit the floor standard of 40% but targets for next year are based on 4 levels of progress. Wonder if this will change the culture.

3. Well, at least you've made the admission that your education was poor. [​IMG] Was this institution the typical, useless ex-polytechnic that let people onto courses with E grades?

4. I'll take the silence as a yes.

5. You've not actually named this amazing ([​IMG]) institution that offered you this 'fully funded PhD'. I pity you. It's quite sad that you're ashamed of the university you studied at.

6. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

She wrote 'poor education'. The inverted commas change the meaning.
    How strange that someone with a doctorate in English doesn't know the basics of the language!

7. You state on another forum that you qualified as an advanced skills teacher last year. Although, I suppose your school was desperate. Why else would they hire someone with your lack of knowledge?

8. Still only posting on tis thread? And still pouring vitriol on Muggle1978? Who can you be? Someone with an agenda?

9. I thought students could only have two attempts at a CA and with a different question the second time round. Confused.

10. "Who knows what damage we are causing this generation - and ourselves (I've never worked so hard or felt as much stress as I do this year!)"

Who knows what damage has the flawed, erratic, irregular, unsystematic English spelling system caused to this and many other generations, and will cause to the productivity of the workforce and learning in schools, which is delayed on average by 2 or 3 years!

Unfortunately, there are not many people who are as concerned about this as they are about that!

Methink a lot of people are talking with a forked tongue!

Of course, this is how some people have acted when they colonized (invaded) other countries and enslaved people, stealing their goods and resources. Who can be proud of those achievements?

When will English teachers around the world realize how dissonant their communication is.

11. CandysDog

CandysDog Established commenter

Before submitting a CA unit to the board, students can have unlimited attempts at a task, providing a different title is attempted each time. The best attempt is submitted to the board.

After a unit has been submitted to the board, then students may attempt the whole unit again and can even use the same title as the previous submission. They are only allowed one resubmission before cashing-in (just like the exams). The best of the two unit submissions will count.

If the entire qualification has been cashed-in, then the counter resets and students may resubmit the CA unit another two times, if desired. By this stage, however, the tasks probably will have changed. The best of the two most recent unit submissions will count towards the next cash-in.

When things go linear, then CA may be carried forward for a re-sit or submitted fresh.

12. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

This thread is now at the top of the board again. Please can we not post any more replies so that this thread drops off the page and the nasty remarks about Muggle 1978 stop.