1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Supportive Social Media Community

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by ResourcesandCourses, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ResourcesandCourses

ResourcesandCourses New commenter

Hi

This is for anyone that might be interested in setting up a community of authors which through social media, can help to promote each other, such as likes, reposts, retweets, comments on Facebook pages or adding to a Pinterest board.

I am involved with a couple of authors on TES that do just that. We already know the power of social media, so to me, it makes sense that we should all be helping each other where possible. My experience with this has been very positive and extremely helpful. This has also been varied from liking a tweet, being informed that a spelling mistake had been spotted in my personal profile to helping me avoid Copyright.

Please only get involved if you are willing to participate and not just let everyone else help you (unfortunately, I have seen this too often). You don’t have to go mad with retweets, post and shares, as your time is precious. Just now and again will suffice.

If anyone is remotely interested, I thought that the way forward with this would be to post links to your social media sites in this thread as a starting point. Anyone interested could then take the necessary steps to add you to any or all of their social media. So, I am happy to make the first move:

Many thanks for your time.

Karen

KS2History likes this.
  2. LikeAnExpert

LikeAnExpert New commenter

Brilliant idea.
    @Like_An_Expert

3. ResourcesandCourses

Great, thanks for your reply, will follow you. Let me know if you want to post to any of my boards etc, cheers. Good luck!

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

5. ResourcesandCourses

Thanks but these are just taking me to random post made last year. I think I’m already following you on twitter and TES, have just found your Pinterest and followed you. Do you FB?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    mathsmutt likes this.
  6. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

The pinterest thread has many members doing exactly what you ask in your original post.:)
    No, I don't use FB.

Kazg1 likes this.
  7. ResourcesandCourses

Unfortunately, the last post was September 2017 so looks like nobody is using it anymore. Thanks anyway.

mathsmutt likes this.
  8. maryb777

maryb777 New commenter

Unrelated to the above. I am no longer getting a pop-up prompt for Facebook and Twitter when I add new resources. I do get for Pinterest. Is it just me or is this a new policy?

9. ResourcesandCourses

Hi, mine is there when I go back into view the uploaded resource, it's in the blue section underneath the heading opposite my name. You might need to send them an email. Cheers

10. maryb777

maryb777 New commenter

Thank you. Will do so when I upload my next resource.

Kazg1 likes this.