1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

supporting the assessment of childrens communication, language and literacy.

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by soniagold, Oct 17, 2008.

1. I,m currently doing my nvq4 in ccld, and am stuck on a few questions i hope someone can answer.
    y) the importance of involving children in the assessment and development of their own communication, language and literacy, according to their age, needs and abilities and how this can be done?
    x) The importance of involving families and communities in childrens learning and how this can be implemented and organised.
    w) Strategies to adapt practice in work with children who require additional support in communication, literacy and language.
    v) support that may be available for children whose home language in not english or welsh and how this can be accessed.
    s) how to incorporate communication, language and literacy development into areas of play, imagination and learning in ways that are meaningful and enjoyable for children.