1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Support to help you get a job in teaching

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by TheoGriff, Feb 7, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You must be wondering if it really is possible to get a job in teaching. Well, it is getting harder and harder.
    There are large numbers of unemployed teachers out there.
    There has been a large drop in the number of jobs advertised this year.
    [/b].
    Get expert advice to help you. This is where TES Careers Advice comes in.
    [/b]
    Go to the JobSeekers Forum and read the Welcome Thread. Browse the Forum, read what others say. Get expert advice from me, TheoGriff - I post several times a week to give you the real advice from someone who knows what schools are looking for. Many posters have found that this advice really works.
    read theo's advice and do the executive summary people, it really does work, seriously!!!!
    The benefit of an executive summary
    It really makes a difference to read and follow this advice.
    [/b]
    Held at the TES Headquarters in London. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, and do practical exercises to help you see what you need to do to stand out of the crowd.
    It’s not a load of people sitting in a hall; there are about 18 of you, sitting round a boardroom table, so you can feel relaxed and ask questions.
    Here are some comments from people who have attended:
    • Frankly, the best delivered seminar I have ever attended.
    • This has been a very useful and well organised seminar with practical tips for improving the difficult task of selling yourself
    • Excellent advice, very helpful for executive summaries
    • This has been terrific and has really met my needs.
    • This was particularly useful for writing a personal statement
    • The pace was perfect and unlike some CPD activities, the practical sessions were enjoyable and useful
    • Fantastic presenters, very useful, highly recommended
    • Fabulous, really helpful!
    • I followed what I learnt on the seminar and have just landed my dream job!
    • After attending your course I have just accepted my first teaching post.
    • Since attending the course I've applied for two positions, and am shortlisted for both.
    Next one is on Saturday 25th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>[/i]. These seminars get booked up quite fast, so apply soon.
    [/b]
    Next one is on Saturday 25th February- you could combine it with the workshop above.
    For more information and to register please visit:
    www.tesweekendworkshop86.eventbrite.com
    [/b]
    I help with applications and executive summaries, career advice and doing individual interview training. Just you on your own can really make a difference. Here are some typical comments:
    Really very useful. Really effective practice of interview &ndash; I had 3 [mock] interviews within the hour and really felt the improvement at the end. Strategies and content definitely a 5\5. Thank you Theo!
    I recently experienced several 1:1 interview coaching sessions with Theo. The sessions were superb and I benefited hugely from the support and expertise Theo provided. It certainly made a massive difference when I went to the interview. I would recommend Theo's expertise to anyone looking for job in education. Theo was extremely professional and clearly had a superb understanding of the requirements and type of questions which arise at interviews
    And here&rsquo;s another satisfied customer:
    for how to book any of the meetings with me or another member of the team.
    Now these all cost money, and although it could make sense to break open your piggy bank or get some dosh from the Bank Of Mum And Dad, (just compare JSA with the salary on M1), it also makes sense to read the free advice first.
    So go to the Welcome thread in the JobSeekers Forum.
    Best wishes, TheoGriff
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You must be wondering if it really is possible to get a job in teaching. Well, it is getting harder and harder.
    There are large numbers of unemployed teachers out there.
    There has been a large drop in the number of jobs advertised this year.
    [/b].
    Get expert advice to help you. This is where TES Careers Advice comes in.
    [/b]
    Go to the JobSeekers Forum and read the Welcome Thread. Browse the Forum, read what others say. Get expert advice from me, TheoGriff - I post several times a week to give you the real advice from someone who knows what schools are looking for. Many posters have found that this advice really works.
    read theo's advice and do the executive summary people, it really does work, seriously!!!!
    The benefit of an executive summary
    It really makes a difference to read and follow this advice.
    [/b]
    Held at the TES Headquarters in London. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, and do practical exercises to help you see what you need to do to stand out of the crowd.
    It&rsquo;s not a load of people sitting in a hall; there are about 18 of you, sitting round a boardroom table, so you can feel relaxed and ask questions.
    Here are some comments from people who have attended:
    • Frankly, the best delivered seminar I have ever attended.
    • This has been a very useful and well organised seminar with practical tips for improving the difficult task of selling yourself
    • Excellent advice, very helpful for executive summaries
    • This has been terrific and has really met my needs.
    • This was particularly useful for writing a personal statement
    • The pace was perfect and unlike some CPD activities, the practical sessions were enjoyable and useful
    • Fantastic presenters, very useful, highly recommended
    • Fabulous, really helpful!
    • I followed what I learnt on the seminar and have just landed my dream job!
    • After attending your course I have just accepted my first teaching post.
    • Since attending the course I've applied for two positions, and am shortlisted for both.
    Next one is on Saturday 25th February
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>[/i]. These seminars get booked up quite fast, so apply soon.
    [/b]
    Next one is on Saturday 25th February- you could combine it with the workshop above.
    For more information and to register please visit:
    www.tesweekendworkshop86.eventbrite.com
    [/b]
    I help with applications and executive summaries, career advice and doing individual interview training. Just you on your own can really make a difference. Here are some typical comments:
    Really very useful. Really effective practice of interview &ndash; I had 3 [mock] interviews within the hour and really felt the improvement at the end. Strategies and content definitely a 5\5. Thank you Theo!
    I recently experienced several 1:1 interview coaching sessions with Theo. The sessions were superb and I benefited hugely from the support and expertise Theo provided. It certainly made a massive difference when I went to the interview. I would recommend Theo's expertise to anyone looking for job in education. Theo was extremely professional and clearly had a superb understanding of the requirements and type of questions which arise at interviews
    And here&rsquo;s another satisfied customer:
    for how to book any of the meetings with me or another member of the team.
    Now these all cost money, and although it could make sense to break open your piggy bank or get some dosh from the Bank Of Mum And Dad, (just compare JSA with the salary on M1), it also makes sense to read the free advice first.
    So go to the Welcome thread in the JobSeekers Forum.
    Best wishes, TheoGriff
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th