1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Support for Spelling

Discussion in 'Primary' started by wotsits, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know of any LA or individual who has typed up all of the word cards and resources required for the new Support for Spelling document?
    Will save me loads of time!

Thanks,

2. Hi,
    Does anyone know of any LA or individual who has typed up all of the word cards and resources required for the new Support for Spelling document?
    Will save me loads of time!

Thanks,

3. U can find words which obey the main English spelling patterns on the Learning to Read page at <font color="#800080">www.englishspellingproblems.co.uk</font>
    and words which have sounds for which there is no main pattern such as 'air, care, bear' or 'leave, sleeve, believe, even' on the other pages, as well as words with divergent spelling for all the main patterns.
    U can download what u need when u need it, without any need for typing, just deleting what u don't want from your download.
    Last June I also had a little book published 'Rules and Exceptions of English Spelling' which contains the same words which can be downloaded from the website for free, but in a slightly different order. 'Look Inside' at amazon allows u to see the Contents page. I did the booklet because some of the many people who use my website suggested that I should do so.

4. anyone?

5. Bump

6. Has anyone created this yet?

7. I'll do it, I have a system set up for making flashcards quickly. Just as soon as I find the list of words.

8. Wow... 123 pages.. that's a lot of stuff to sort through.

9. I have made 39 files full of very simple black and white flashcards. I have lost the script I used to bulk-insert them and I don't feel like reprogramming it right now so I'll get back to that later.

10. Free advertising, courtesy of TES, for years!!!!